Former National Composites Center properties sold on Composite Drive and Forrer Boulevard in Kettering for a total of $2.8 million.
The property at 1950 Composite was sold from First Financial Collateral Inc., of Carmel, Ind., — which acquired the property from the composites center in 2015 — to an entity called “2000 Composite LLC,” Montgomery County property records show.
The site includes more than 196,000 square feet suitable for manufacturing, as well as a nearly 50,000-square-foot enclosure.
Sold from the same owner to the same buyer for the same amount was nearly 9.3 acres of commercial vacant land on Forrer Boulevard, records also show.
The site in the Kettering Business Park has been the home of a non-profit organization devoted to the use and study of composite materials in manufacturing and commercial product development.
In the summer of 2015, the property was sold in a live online auction, with SVN Gryphon Parker, LLC managing the sale.
The center occupies the former Defense Electronics Supply Center. In the early 1990s, the city of Kettering learned that a longstanding employer, the Gentile Air Force Base, would be closed as part of a Base Realignment and Closure process or BRAC. In an effort to save jobs, the city created the Kettering Business Park to attract employers.