Whether making the grind of a long daily commute, running seemingly endless errands or schlepping kids to and from activities each week, most Americans spend a considerable amount of time inside their cars. With that in mind, the expert editors at Autotrader recently named the 10 Best Car Interiors Under $50,000 for 2017.
Each new car on the list offers a standout modern, comfortable, luxurious and/or visually appealing interior within the given price point.
“You could argue that a car’s interior appeal is even more important than its exterior styling, given that most drivers spend far more time experiencing their car from the inside,” said Tara Trompeter, managing editor of Autotrader. “That’s why it is so important to find a comfortable interior that works well for your personal preferences and needs.”
Autotrader’s 10 Best Car Interiors Under $50,000 for 2017 offers an inside look at which new mainstream models really showcase the mantra, “it’s what’s inside that counts.” For this list, Autotrader’s editors focused on the latest models that have been updated within the last year. Each of the cars scored a four or better on a five-point evaluation sheet, and the editors then voted on which cars from that small group should make the cut for the 10 best.
The models below are listed alphabetically and are not ranked.
- 2017 Audi A4 Standout interior features of the recently updated A4 include an available full-color gauge cluster screen (an amazing detail not typically seen on models of this price point), high-end materials used throughout the vehicle at all trim levels and a roomier cabin compared to A4s of the past. Photo by Metro Creative Graphic
- 2017 Cadillac XT5 Interior highlights of the all-new XT5 include extremely comfortable seats, a gorgeous leather-lined dashboard, a modern instrument panel and neatly integrated infotainment system, and handsome wood trim throughout the cabin. Photo by Cadillac
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline Utilitarian yet also nice, which can’t be said for all pickup trucks, the new Ridgeline boasts a durable and logical interior with comfortable and roomy seating for front and rear passengers, easy-to-reach controls and an intuitive infotainment system. Photo by Honda
- 2017 Infiniti Q60: Infiniti’s new Q60 model offers an improved stylish interior featuring supple leather seats, a futuristic center control stack with two different screens (one for infotainment controls and one for the navigation system map), and a thick, grippy steering wheel that will surprise and delight driving enthusiasts. Photo by Infiniti
- 2017 Kia Sorento The recently redesigned Sorento boasts a handsome cabin with dramatically improved materials compared to the outgoing model, functional and durable features like sliding rear seats for easy third-row access, and several luxurious options available on the more high-end SX trim. Photo by Kia
- 2017 Lincoln Continental Lincoln’s all-new flagship Continental proves the brand has come quite a long way, featuring a truly luxurious interior that touts excellent materials, comfortable seats, a roomy rear seat and trunk, and features like the 50/50 split seat bottom extender that can accommodate a wide variety of ultra-comfy driving positions.
- 2017 Mazda CX-9 Mazda’s recently redesigned midsize SUV features a surprisingly handsome interior with upscale materials, high-quality upholstery and roomy rear seats, an easy-to-read and easy-to-use infotainment system, dashboard and center control area, and a thick steering wheel for driver enjoyment.
- 2017 Mercedes-Benz C-Class The new C-Class takes Mercedes-Benz interiors up a notch when compared to recent years, with an amazingly elegant center control stack, gauge cluster and steering wheel, high-quality interior materials throughout the cabin and a surprisingly roomy rear seat.
- 2017 Toyota Prius Prime An alternative-fuel vehicle with an alternative interior to match, the plug-in hybrid Prius Prime boasts a cheerful interior with an available giant center screen, white accents and unique cabin features and placements that admittedly may be an acquired taste for some, but love at first sight for others.
- 2017 Volvo S90 Volvo’s standout interiors in recent years go above and beyond, and the S90 falls in line with tremendously comfortable seats, extremely high-quality materials throughout, an intuitive and handsome giant infotainment screen, and delightful details like huge center climate vents and available simultaneous use of Volvo’s native controls and Apple CarPlay on the big touchscreen.
For more information about Autotrader’s 10 Best Car Interiors Under $50,000 for 2017, including full editorial commentary on each model with more details describing what makes its interior outstanding, visit www.autotrader.com/best-cars/10-best-car-interiors-under-50000-262250.