Address: 2335 Miamisburg-Centerville Road, Dayton
Date of inspection: April 18
Violations: Observed staff using barehands to handle tortilla chips. Ensure gloves, deli paper, or utensils are used to handle ready-to-eat foods in order to prevent contamination.
- If gloves are worn, ensure gloves are changed when tasks are changed (after handling money, cell phones, or raw meats) and hands are washed in between changing of gloves.
- PIC was informed to not serve tortilla chips
Observed multiple reduced oxygen packaged (ROP) tilapia fish being improperly thawed. Ensure ROP fish is removed from its reduced oxygen environment when thawing under refrigeration in order to limit the growth of bacteria.
- 26 pieces of tilapia were voluntarily discarded by PIC
- Staff placed frozen tilapia in coolers for thawing after slicing open each package
Observed cooler door gaskets in disrepair. Ensure gaskets are replaced so that they are intact, smooth, and easily cleanable.
- Cooler drawers below flat top grill
- Cooler doors on prep cooler under microwave on prep line
Observed large cheese grater and vegetable slicers with build-up of food residue. Ensure each are broken down, washed, rinsed, and sanitized after each use or every 4 hours, if they are used throughout hours of operation, in order to prevent contamination.
Observed clean plates being stored under paper towel dispenser allowing drops from washed hands to splash onto each plate. Ensure plates are stored in another clean and dry location in order to prevent possible contamination.
- Paper towel dispenser closest to office on prep line.
Observed light fixture, inside walk-in freezer, missing a light shield. Ensure all light fixtures are supplied with a light shield in order to prevent contamination.
Observed handsink, near soda fountains, not supplied with soap. Ensure all handsinks are supplied with soap, hot water, and paper towels in order for proper handwashing to occur preventing the spread of contamination.
Observed a bottle of glass cleaner stored on prep table next to container of salsa. Ensure all chemicals are stored separate from or below foods, single service items, utensils, and food prep surfaces in order to prevent contamination.
- Staff removed glass cleaner from prep table.
Comments: Observed acceptable level of chlorine bleach sanitizer in chemical sanitizing dish machine.
Spoke with PIC concerning proper datemarking. Foods, prepared in facility and held for longer than 24 hours, shall be datemarked with a prep or a discard date. Foods shall be discarded no longer than 7 days after prep date, prep date is day one.
At time of inspection, another PIC was not present due to level 2 food safety training.
A re-inspection shall occur 04/25/2017 or thereafter.