Dual chalkboard walls for drawing out plays. Urban shelving units for game balls and trophies. A sleek, inviting bed for dreams of nothing but winning championships. This is the bedroom of an MVP.
If you’ve been looking for room design inspiration for the sports fan in your life, we’ve got you covered! Creating the look of this bedroom can be quick and low-priced if you follow our “Get the Look” advice.
Brought to you by AV Homes’ Faulkner Plan found in the Morgan’s Branch community of Belmont, N.C., this room has everything a young sports fanatic could need. As long as you can find a comfy bed and a desk, the rest you can find at relatively low cost.
Just a few cans of chalkboard paint and a little bit of elbow grease and you’ll have chalk on your walls in no time. Tack up a few wire bins and shelves to display all their accomplishments and to keep items organized and neat. Add a bright IKEA lamp or two to help them study up on all the best plays. And, finally, plop down a cushiony bean bag chair for your athlete to collapse into after a long game. They’ll thank you for it!
To help you find all the equipment and get the look, here is a list of low-priced items to up your design game:
• Mercury Luggage Stackable Storage Locker, 30”: Walmart, $39
• Valspar Interior Matte Chalkboard Paint, 32 fl. oz.: Lowe’s, $10.63
• Better Homes and Gardens 3-Cube Organizer with Optional Storage Bins: Walmart, $37+
• Down to the Wire Wall Bin: The Land of Nod, $39
• Down to the Wire Shelf: The Land of Nod, $29
• FORMAT Work Lamp, nickel plated: IKEA, $19.99
• Gold Medal Small Leather-Look Vinyl Bean Bag: Overstock.com, $49.99
Drew Knight is a freelance writer for Builders Digital Experience (BDX). You can find him online at LinkedIn.