The companies Ohio Way LLC and Curaleaf Ohio Inc. are not listed as having applied with the Ohio Board of Pharmacy for medical marijuana dispensary licenses in Montgomery County. So while they filled out zoning forms with the city, it appears they did not take the next step of applying with the state.
Fourteen companies filed zoning forms with the city of Dayton for licenses from the state of Ohio to set up storefronts for medical marijuana at 12 locations across the city, according to city zoning records.
The state has said only three locations will get medical marijuana dispensary licenses in Montgomery County and 19 applicants are hoping to set up shop in the county.
The state has not released the proposed addresses. This news outlet used Ohio public records law to obtain from Dayton the zoning forms required by applicants for their application. The forms simply state that the address they want to use has no prohibition against use as a medical marijuana dispensary. Two addresses had two applicants at the same address.
Two of the applicants — BCCO and Certified Cultivators — are hoping to locate in industrial areas so “may only establish “dispensary” operations as “accessory use” in conjunction with licensed “cultivation” and/or “processing” operation(s),” according to city officials.
Several locations are near hospitals. Greenhouse Wellness is hoping to set up shop on Brown Street just east of Miami Valley Hospital.
Greenhouse Wellness official Mark Simons said these dispensaries are medical businesses, so it’s logical to locate near a hospital.
“We’re focusing on helping people out who have chronic pain or terminal illnesses and things like that,” he said.
Just east of the location, however is a subdivision.
Simons this is the company’s second location. The first is in Maryland. He said they try to make it clean and attractive — more like a pharmacy than a head shop — and that people won’t be coming and going smoking pot.
“This is really about taking it home an using it at your residence”
Locations in Dayton are:
1. Blossom Enterprises, LLC: 732-740 Watervliet Ave.
2. CannAscend Alternative, LLC: 333 Wayne Ave.
3. Quest Wellness Ohio II LLC: 2800 Salem Ave.
4. Ohio Way, LLC: 3010 Harshman Rd.
5. Curaleaf Ohio Inc.: 1910 Wayne Ave.
6. Stem Enterprises of Ohio, LLC: 2800 Salem Ave.
7. Cresco Labs Ohio, LLC: 3958 Linden Ave.
8. BCCO, LLC: 2046 Valley St.
9. Greenhouse Wellness: 860 Brown St.
10. Pure Ohio Wellness LLC: 1875 Needmore Rd.
11. Certified Cultivators, LLC: 1654 Springfield St.
12. HAH Ohio 1 LLC: 2702 Linden Ave.
13. HVV Mission Ohio, LLC: 3010 Harshman Rd.
14. 7 Points Group, LLC: 2003 S. Smithville
MAP (Red markers denote companies the filed zoning paperwork but didn’t apply with the state)