Franklin strip club fills with smoke after equipment malfunction

Franklin strip club fills with smoke after equipment malfunction

View CaptionHide Caption
New York, New York Cabaret in Franklin. The strip club was evacuated Wednesday after a rooftop HVAC unit malfunctioned and filled the building with smoke. STAFF FILE PHOTO

A Franklin strip club was evacuated briefly Wednesday evening after some smoke filled the building due to an equipment malfunction.

Firefighters were called at 8:46 p.m. to the New York, New York Cabaret on East Second Street after a rooftop HVAC unit malfunctioned and filled the building with smoke.

The building was evacuated as firefighters got rid of the smoke, Fire Chief Jonathan Westendorf said.

The business reopened a short time later, he said.

There were no injuries reported, according to Westendorf.

Weather and Traffic