- More owners, vets claim dog deaths may be linked to Trifexis drug
- Old Labrador who walked 30 miles back home adopted
- Giraffe dies after hitting its head on highway bridge
- Couple attacked after trying to help child locked in a hot car
- Strange sea creature washes up on California beaches
A central Illinois man is accused of trying to kill his female roommate for allegedly eating cookies, perhaps because he wanted them.
Allen Hall, 23, of Decatur was charged in Macon County with attempted murder and aggravated domestic battery, the (Decatur) Herald & Review reported.
Police allege that Hall turned angry Wednesday morning when he learned his 49-year-old roommate ate three Chips Ahoy! cookies for breakfast. The victim said she was in the bathroom getting dressed when he pounded on the door, threatening to kill her.
"If you are going to kill me then go ahead," the victim said she told Hall, thinking he was joking.
He then grabbed her with both hands, threw her down on the tub, and began to squeeze her throat, police said. The woman's husband and the landlord ultimately separated the two.
Online court records don't show whether Hall has an attorney. He does not have a listed home telephone number.
Hall remained jailed Saturday in lieu of $75,000 bond.