View mobile site
Follow us on
Sunday, May 19, 2013 | 1:14 p.m.
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Sign In | Register
Posted: 12:00 a.m. Friday, Sept. 7, 2012
By Jessica Garringer
Start your morning off right and put a smile on your face with a customized coffee mug. This is an extremely easy do-it-yourself project and it takes less than an hour to complete.
For just $8 you can make two and share this customized mug with the love in your life. Make his-and-her mugs or even give them away as presents.
This same technique can be used on plates or other dinnerware. Why not give a plate of holiday cookies with the recipe of your cookie written on the plate? Just be as creative as you want.
• Two ceramic coffee mugs: $4 each at Big Lots
Supplies I already had:
• Black Sharpie permanent marker
• Cookie sheet
1. Preheat your oven to 150 degrees.
2. Clean and remove all tags from your mugs. Make sure they are completely dry before you begin.
3. Write your sayings on each mug with your Sharpie. You can use all colors of Sharpie permanent markers.
4. Once you are happy with your saying or design, place your mugs on a cookie sheet and let them bake in your oven for at least 30 minutes.
5. Remove from stove and let cool. Once they cool, they are ready to use. The marker is now permanently on the mugs.
© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website,
Already have an account? Sign In
We have sent you a confirmation email. Please check your email and click on the link to activate your account.
We look forward to seeing you frequently. Visit us and sign in to update your profile, receive the latest news and keep up to date with mobile alerts.
Don't worry, it happens. We'll send you a link to create a new password.
We have sent you an email with a link to change your password.
We've sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.
To sign in you must verify your email address. Fill out the form below and we'll send you an email to verify.
Check your email for a link to verify your email address.