Supplies needed for this project. Contributed photo by Jessica Garringer
By Jessica Garringer
Now is the time to get into the Halloween spirit and what better way to do it then with some decorations for your shelf or desk. This fun and unique picture frame will have everyone staring at it and it will only cost you $5.66 to make.
You will need
Items I purchased:
• Wooden letters — 99 cents each at Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• Frame — $1 at Dollar Tree
• Two packs of googley eyes — $1 each at Dollar Tree
• Lime green acrylic paint — 69 cents at Michael’s
Items I already had around the house:
• Hot glue gun
• Glue sticks
• Foam brush
• Black ribbon
1. Remove all glass from your frame and then paint it completely in the lime green acrylic paint.
2. Once your paint dries begin hot gluing your eyes directly to your frame until it is completely covered.
3. At the bottom of your frame cut out a piece of black ribbon. You want it to be long enough to go across your frame.
4. Once it is in place, hot glue the ribbon to the back side of your frame so that it will stay in place.
5. Hot glue the letters onto the ribbon so that they spell out the word “eek.” You can also use other words such as “boo.”
6. Let all your glue dry and your frame is ready for one of your Halloween photos.
Failure is OK, but continuing to work hard is more important, Michelle Obama said Friday. That was the message the first lady delivered to students at an elementary school where the arts are being used to help boost student performance.