Springfield Then & Now: Third Presbyterian / Fellowship Spring Hill

0

Springfield Then & Now: Third Presbyterian / Fellowship Spring Hill

View CaptionHide Caption
Third Presbyterian Church was founded in May of 1891 with the help of First and Second Presbyterian Churches. Photo Courtesy of the Clark County Historical Society

Third Presbyterian Church was founded in May of 1891 with the help of First and Second Presbyterian Churches.

In 1894 the beautiful building at the corner of Limestone and Stanton streets, designed by renowned architect Charles Cregar, was dedicated.

After First and Second Presbyterian merged to form Covenant Presbyterian, Third Presbyterian then became Northminster Presbyterian in 1918.

Northminster merged with the Valley View congregation in 1971 and moved to Villa Road, where they constructed a brand new building.

Northminster is celebrating its 125th year and their original home on Limestone is now the Fellowship Spring Hill church.

View Comments 0

Weather and Traffic