- Kraft recalls some cheese products
- Woman impaled in buttocks while texting and driving
- Bear's head freed from bucket; daring rescue caught on video
- Video: Dogs perplexed by puppet dog guarding bone
- Police: Wedding guest tried to steal couple's gifts
A gluttonous Great Dane in Portland, Oregon, recently had surgery to remove 43 1/2 socks from its stomach, KOIN-TV reports.
According to DoveLewis Emergency Animal Hospital, the 3-year-old dog was vomiting repeatedly when it came to the clinic. An X-ray showed that the pooch had pigged out on nearly four dozen socks.
The good news? The surgery wasn't too "ruff" on the dog: DoveLewis vets said the pup was feeling well enough to return home the next day. The clinic also won a $500 prize in a Veterinary Practice News X-ray contest.