- 'Dead’ toddler wakes up at her own funeral
- Nude homeowner scares off burglar, burglar apologizes
- Father’s touching photo request sparks action on Reddit
- Teen takes selfie with Paul McCartney, Warren Buffett
- Video shows shoppers smash windows to rescue kids in hot car
A man said someone tried to steal his car with his daughter still in the backseat.
Dennis Morgan told Channel 2’s Liz Artz he was at a pawn shop Wednesday and got out of his car to get something from the trunk.
That is when he said a man jumped into the driver’s seat and drove off.
Morgan went into the pawn shop for a cell phone and started running after the car while calling police.
The suspect ditched the car at a nearby Chevron, Morgan said.
Atlanta police said they are in the preliminary stages of the investigation but that the child and car were found nearby.
Morgan said the incident was terrifying for him, as well as for his young daughter.
“She was real scared. She was crying,” Morgan said. “She was saying, ‘Where’s my daddy? Where’s my daddy?”
Police said the child appeared to be unharmed but that Emergency Medical Services was requested as a precaution.
“[We are] still working on gathering details on what occurred,” Atlanta police officer John Chafee said.