- Applebee's waiter serves 3 kids alcoholic root beer
- Heartbreaking photo: Deputy comforts mother whose daughter was killed in crash
- Must-see: Model with Down syndrome stuns in new bridal shoot
- Mother accused of punching principal for yelling at her child
- This woman does not look happy on Disney's Splash Mountain
Soon, you may be able to pay for items in the blink of an eye – literally.
According to Re/code, Seattle-based Amazon has filed a patent application for pay-by-selfie technology that would allow customers to authenticate transactions by snapping a photo or video of themselves. Additionally, a computer or mobile device could "prompt the user to perform certain actions, motions or gestures, such as to smile, blink, or tilt his or her head." The idea is that facial recognition would make transactions more convenient and secure than a traditional password, which can be hacked and stolen.