- Rory Feek shares heartbreaking message after wife, Joey, dies
- Student charged after sharing nude pictures of teacher
- Tattoo-faced man's mug shot shocks in Texas assault case
- Teen searches for biological father in heartfelt Facebook post
- Mother accused of throwing her two-year-old daughter in a dumpster
CHINA – A man originally portrayed as a hero by the media for staying by his girlfriend’s side while she was in a months-long coma is now facing accusations that he’s the one who put her there.
Her boyfriend, Liu Fenghe, spent 200,000 yuan, about $30,700, on her hospital bills. Mashable reports he was portrayed as a loving boyfriend who refused to leave her side as she lay in a coma.
When Lin regained consciousness in May 2015, she alleged Liu beat her up in the bakery they ran together. She said he hit her with a rolling pin after she accidentally burned bread.
She said that wasn’t the first violent incident. She claimed he abused her before, but she was too afraid to speak out about it.
Sky News reports Lin’s family is speaking with police.