Posted: 12:05 a.m. Friday, June 21, 2013
By Lou Grieco
Dayton homicides Jan. 1-June 19, 2013
1. Bradlee Thompson, 30, was shot to death at about 3:30 a.m.Jan. 1 inside 613 Hulbert St. Police identified one of the residents as the shooter and later ruled the death a justifiable homicide committed in self-defense.
2. A woman walking her dog in Triangle Park on Jan. 13 discovered the body of Eligio Cesar Hernandez, 44. Police said he had likely been stabbed somewhere else and his body moved to the park.
3. Matthew Anderson, 20, was shot when someone fired into a home at 4032 Prescott Ave. for the second time on Jan. 31. He died in his car several blocks away.
4. Daniel Holt, 34, was shot by two Dayton Police sergeants Feb. 10 at Island Metropark after he pointed an SKS rifle at them and ignored commands to lower the weapon, police said.Those officers recently returned to duty, but the investigation into the shooting continues.
5. Oscar Beason, 95, was shot multiple times on or about Feb. 17. He was found at the bottom of the basement stairs at 1544 Hochwalt Ave. on Feb. 20.
6. Jillian Miles, 27, was found shot to death inside her home at 160 W. Parkwood Ave. on Feb. 19.
7. Jason Rutledge, 29, died at Good Samaritan Hospital on Feb. 20. Police later determined that he was shot at 2060 Ravenwood Ave. when an argument erupted over a game of dice.Tarrell Postell, 25, has been indicted on charges of murder, having weapons as a felon and felonious assault.
8. Willie Boddie Jr., 28, was killed Feb. 22 when a gunman opened fire on a car in the parking lot of H&H Service Center, 2647 Riverview Ave.
9. Charles Black Jr., 26, was shot in a car outside of 1610 Bancroft St. on Feb. 23.
10. Briona Rodgers, 13, and her cousin Alonta Culpepper were shot at Rodgers’ home, 2512 Home Ave. on Feb. 24. Rodgers died and Culpepper was critically injured. Prosecutors were seeking the death penalty against Dameon Wesley, a convicted murderer who was indicted in the shooting. Wesley was found dead in his jail cell on May 2. The Montgomery County Coroner conducted an autopsy and ruled there was foul play in his death.
11. Michael E. Neibert, 41, was shot and killed around 2 a.m. March 14 during an argument with neighbors at 3723 E. Third St.
12. Marcus Holland, 28, shot and killed on April 10, while walking on South Gettysburg Avenue. Family members said Holland was with several friends and on his way to a meeting with his parole officer the nearby government offices when a light-colored SUV pulled up and someone started shooting.
13. Edward Powers, 28, was shot to death May 6 at Whitney Young Estates as a group of men were playing craps.
14. Rodney Frost, 29, was shot to death just outside of his apartment on Valerie Arms Drive on June 19 possibly by an unknown individual who fled the scene on foot and who possibly lay in wait for the victim for hours.
15. Da’Lyne Foster, 27, who was nine months pregnant was killed during gunfire that erupted after multiple disturbances in the area of Danner Avenue and Stewart Street on Wednesday night.
Video: Watch a video shot during the disturbance on Stewart Street at mydaytondailynews.com