The city of Xenia paid nine employees more than $100,000 last year, according to the I-Team Payroll Project searchable database of public employees.
RELATED: Beavercreek’s highest paid employees
RELATED: Huber Heights highest paid employees
SPECIAL REPORT: Taxpayers on hook for $444M in unused state worker leave
Seven of the six-figure earners were in the police or fire departments, including the city’s highest paid: police Division Capt. Scott Anger who retired in January after a nearly 30-year career. His gross pay last year was $116,593.
Local governments make payroll with your money, which is why the I-Team has assembled and made available a searchable database of pay for public employees.
The five highest paid Xenia employees last year were:
1. Scott Anger, police department captain: $116,593
2. Brent Merriman, city manager: $112,140
3. Steven Lane, police captain: $111,198
4. Jeffrey Bruggeman, fire captain: $110,588
5. Mark Bazelak, finance director: $110,425