- Story Highlights
- Mike Hartsock is live from Arizona for the first week of Spring Training.
- Check out Mikes videos, interviews and updates.
The clouds are starting to roll in here in Goodyear, Ariz. with heavy rain in the forecast for Saturday and early Sunday. Today’s first full-squad work out might be as good as it gets for a few days.
Here are three things you need to know on a Friday morning from Reds camp:
1. Billy Hamilton says he’s going to try and dial back his aggressiveness chasing balls out in center field. “It’s going to be hard to say, ‘Billy you can’t dive into a wall and you can’t dive after a ball,’ but for me to stay healthy and on the field I have to make smart plays.”
2. Devin Mesoraco on getting back in the line up behind the plate. “I just want to get to the point where I feel good. It’s been a long two years and I can’t say there was a time in those two years that I felt healthy. I want to be the guy that I was in 2014, I want to produce and help the team win. This is the first step but it definately feels good.”
3. Newly aquired pitcher Scott Feldman will step right into the Reds starting rotation this season. He talked this morning about playing with some other teams that were not expected to win many games. “I was with Houston in 2015 and we made the playoffs and nobody really gave us a chance in spring training with a young team kind of like here. 2010 with the Rangers we started the season not really favored to win anything and made it all the way to the World Series so anything can happen in baseball when you get a bunch of guys pulling together.”