The Dayton Power and Light Co. Foundation today will present five grants totalling $325,000 to Miami Valley organizations for new or innovative programs, company officials announced Tuesday.
The DP&L Foundation Signature Grants are one-year contributions that range from $50,000 to $100,000.
The Signature Grants are part of 55 community grants totaling more than $1.2 million awarded to organizations at the end of 2014 by the DP&L Foundation Board, officials said.
The 2015 Signature grant recipients are:
• Crayons to Classrooms - $50,000 to renovate and relocate to a larger space.
• Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley - $50,000 to help support a new employment initiative.
• Rebuilding Together Dayton - $50,000 to expand the Westwood neighborhood revitalization program.
• American Red Cross Dayton Area - $75,000 to support disaster relief services in the Dayton, Northern Miami Valley, Clinton County and Mason County, Ky. areas.
• Dayton Children’s Hospital - $100,000 to fund construction of a new patient tower.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.