The Beavercreek Chamber of Commerce has named a new president and CEO.
Amanda Byers will join the chamber as president and CEO in March. She worked as program manager for the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce for nearly 12 years. She worked with membership recruitment, retention and sponsorship, and also created and managed the Dayton Area Logistics Association.
» TRENDING BUSINESS NEWS: New yoga studio opens in downtown Dayton next week
Byers currently serves on the marketing committee for the Doors of Compassion Event hosted by the Ronald McDonald House in Dayton. She also served on the logistics committee for the Miami Valley March of Dimes from 2011-2015, serving as chair from 2014 - 2015.
She lives in Beavercreek with her husband and two daughters.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Kroger sells off convenience store business for $2.15B
• Toys ‘R’ Us going-out-of-business sales start this week
• Move over, bitcoin. GE researching blockchain technology
• Elder-Beerman parent company says 60+ stores could close under plan
• German grocery chain Lidl halts plans to open local store