Gander Mountain in Huber Heights is set to close on Aug. 27.
The company announced in early June that the store, located at 8001 Old Troy Pike in Huber Heights, would close permanently. The sporting goods and outdoor retailer filed for bankruptcy in March, and was acquired by Camping World Holdings Inc. in April.
Camping World & Good Sam family announced it would try to keep as many as 70 or more Gander Mountain stores open following the bankruptcy liquidation process. Last month, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis announced on Twitter that stores across the country — including ones in Columbus and Huber Heights — would not remain open.
The closing stores have been offering liquidation sales since the original announcement, and deals include 20 to 25 percent of all firearms, 60 percent off hunting apparel and up to 25 percent off ammunition.
FIVE FAST BUSINESS READS
• Cincinnati airport to give away free cheese coneys, Graeter's ice cream
• Trump attacks Amazon on Twitter again. Here's why.
• Is this the future of air travel? Pilotless planes to be ready by 2025
• You can live in this refurbished, historic church in Oregon District
• 9 recent changes that are revolutionizing the local retail industry
About the Author