Egads, the Holidays are fast approaching! Whether you're a professional in the kitchen or just dabble at a few recipes this Holiday season, we can all use some great kitchen tools to get us through it all! So I posed the question to the DealPros: "What is your favorite kitchen tool to get you through the Holidays?"....and here's what they had to say:
1. Egg-Perfect Egg Timer. If you're planning on deviled eggs this Holiday Season, Lynette fromCleverlySimple.com says this thing will get you the perfect hard-boiled egg every time! I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of over-cooked hard-boiled eggs!
2. Cast Iron Skillet. I'm actually a big fan of using cast iron in the kitchen, and so is Kelly from Kansas City Mamas. Cast Iron is not only healthier to use, but is also very inexpensive and easy to care for!
3. Roaster Oven for the Turkey. Kristie from SavingDollarsAndSense.com says this is a must for cooking up those Turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Cooking the turkey is a snap in one of those bad boys!
4. Slower Cooker. Maria from ASavingsWow.com says, "I love how it does the work of cooking for me while I'm getting everything else ready for the holidays!" I have to completely agree with her! You can make everything from breakfast omelettes to sweet potato pies in a slow cooker, and it makes everything super easy!
5. Ninja Master Prep. Looking for ways to make fast yet healthier foods? Perhaps you need quick and easy ways to make in-between meals while you're working on Thanksgiving Dinner. Briana from BargainBriana.com recommends the Ninja Master Prep for making quick and healthy meals.
6. Black & Decker Jar Opener. Melissa from ThisMommySavesMoney.com says the following about her favorite item: "May sound odd, but my Black & Decker jar opener. I obviously have difficulty opening jars, and this tool has never let me down. I just pop the jar in and it twists the lid off for me. Saves me time and lot of aggravation.
7. KitchenAid Mixer. Several of our DealPros are huge fans of the KitchenAid Mixer, including Phoebe fromGettingFreedom.net. If you're planning on doing any kind of mixing and baking, a big mixer will definitely do the job for you! It's a must-have in my kitchen for the simple fact that it saves my arms from having to do all the mixing work! It mixes, and I focus on other things!
8. Stainless Steel Wok. This tip comes from me. I absolutely love my Stainless Steel Wok! Not only can Imake popcorn in a Wok, but I can mix up some fabulous stir fry or scrambled eggs. It's big, so I can accommodate a bigger meal if necessary, when the other pots are occupied with simmering Holiday goodies. It was less than $30, and one of the best things I ever bought for my kitchen!
What are some of your favorite kitchen tools that get you through all the Holiday baking and cooking?
Crystal Collins, author of TheThriftyMama.com, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, health-nut and thrifty as can be. She likes sci-fi, music and cheese with her organic wine.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.