Tacos, coffee and burritos — what else do you really need?
It’s been a busy week in Dayton’s restaurant scene. Here’s a roundup of restaurant opening and closing this news organization learned about in recent days:
1. Hot Head Burritos seeks to move HQ to Kettering
Hot Head Burritos is seeking to move its headquarters to Kettering and asking for incentives from the city to aid the project.
The fast-casual burrito chain has grown over the last decade with the help of franchising to 73 restaurants and is for now headquartered in West Chester Twp. READ MORE
Kettering-based Hot Head Burritos is expanding into Alabama. SUBMITTED
Photo: Staff Writer
2. Opening date set for new Elsa’s cantina-style Mexican restaurant
The new Elsa’s cantina-style restaurant in the Sugarcreek Plaza is scheduled to open July 5, according to a sign posted on the restaurant’s door this morning, June 26. READ MORE
3. Lease pending for new restaurant at former Caddy’s Tap House in Beavercreek
Oberer Construction Managers, Ltd. has announced buying the former Caddy’s Tap House in Beavercreek, and liquor permits pending approval by the state indicate the new tenant will be serving tacos. Northwitt LLC, doing business as R Taco, has permits pending approval for the former Caddy’s location at 2760 Towne Drive, according to the Ohio Department of Commerce Division of Liquor Control. READ MORE
4. New Far Hills Dunkin’ Donuts won’t be like any other you’ve seen
The Dayton area’s newest Dunkin’ Donuts shop coming to a former Wendy’s restaurant on Far Hills Avenue in Washington Twp. will be unlike any other in the region. Township officials have approved zoning plans for the project at 5901 Far Hills Ave., which calls for a build-out a Dunkin’ Donuts’ “Next Generation Concept Store.” READ MORE
Basil’s on Market will open a new location in Mason in early 2018, and has plans to add more restaurants. Photo from Basil’s on Market Dayton Facebook page.
Photo: Staff Writer
5. Dayton restaurant promises fireworks at this 4-course meal. Literally.
A restaurant on Dayton’s riverfront will offer some of the best seats in the house for the city of Dayton’s July 3 fireworks display. Basil’s on Market’s downtown Dayton restaurant is offering a four-course meal special on the evening of July 3 — the night of the city of Dayton’s Independence Day fireworks display. The pyrotechnics are shot off along the Great Miami River not far from Basil’s spacious patio, which overlooks the river. READ MORE
PLUS, ONE RESTAURANT CLOSURE:
» Beavercreek pizza restaurant to shut down for good after more than 40 years
The owner of a Beavercreek pizza restaurant that has operated for more than four decades today confirmed her plans to shut down the restaurant for good at the close of business this Saturday, June 30.
FIVE FAST READS
• People are talking about suicide: There’s help available locally
• Woman shaving legs at pool sparks outrage, disgust
• 5 surprising ways Kroger is changing stores in 2018
• This $2 million Warren County estate is a rural paradise with a resort-style pool
• You won’t believe the inside of this INCREDIBLE Oakwood house