Spring is right around the corner and it may be the perfect season for a career change.
If you’re looking for a new job in industries like retail, finance, tech or hospitality, there are plenty of positions available right now, according to the job search website Glassdoor.
Here are 10 companies that are hiring like crazy during the month of March:
Glassdoor: These 10 companies are going on spring hiring sprees!
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Recommended for you
Open positions include: Project Manager, Surveillance Analyst, Operations Supervisor
- Locations: Phoenix, AZ: Oakdale, MN; Atlanta, GA; Jersey City, NJ & more
- Open positions include: Guest Service Agent, Bellperson, Line Cook, Banquet Server
- Locations: Santa Barbara, CA; Austin, TX; Portland, OR; Birmingham, AL; Boca Raton, FL; Hawaii; Omaha, NE; Seattle, WA & more
- Open positions include: Leasing Consultant, Groundskeeper, Recruiter
- Locations: Fort Lauderdale, FL; Englewood, CO; Houston, TX; Charlotte, NC; Mission Viejo, CA & more
- Open positions include: Customer Excellence Manager, Staff Software Engineer, Online Merchandising Associate
- Locations: Austin, TX; Phoenix, AZ & more
- Open positions include: Welder, Marketing Content Coordinator, Financial Analyst
- Locations: Lebanon, MO; Largo, FL; Clarkston, WA; Palm Coast, FL; Chicago, IL; Fort Wayne, IN; Lowell, MI; Vonore, TN & more
- Open positions include: Sales Associate, Store Manager, Store Clerk
- Locations: Vallejo, CA; Ravenna, OH; Springfield, IL; Monee, IL; Ashland City, TN; Wilmington, DE & more
Open positions include: Listing Agent, Listing Coordinator, Marketing Program Manager
Locations: San Francisco, CA; Albuquerque, NM; Rockville, MD; Allentown, PA; Salt Lake City, UT; Atlanta, GA & more
- Open positions include: Digital Marketing Specialist, Senior Analyst, Software Developer
- Locations: Schaumburg, IL; San Francisco, CA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX & more
- Open positions include: Electrician, Train Crew, Service Desk Support
- Locations: Rawlins, WY; North Platte, NE; Chicago, IL; Saint Paul, MN; Roseville, CA; Cheyenne, WY; Houston, TX & more
- Open positions include: Account Manager, Test Engineer, Staff Performance Architect
- Locations: San Jose, CA; Pasadena, CA; Cedar Rapids, IA; Seattle, WA & more
Read about 10 other companies hiring like crazy in March at Glassdoor.com.
5 job trends to watch for in 2018, according to Glassdoor
Taking a look at the big picture, Glassdoor chief economist Dr. Andrew Chamberlain says there are five things that will disrupt the 2018 labor market, which could affect your job search:
AI is changing the future of work: AI and automation are poised to impact nearly every facet of the workforce in some way, but two industries that are ripe for big changes in 2018: human resources and finance. Revolutionary new AI tools are complementing people’s skills in both HR and finance, upending many established and easy-to-automate roles.
Modernization of mobile job applications: Most of existing applicant tracking systems were built in a bygone era, making applying for a job from a mobile device cumbersome. Mobile apply is ripe for overhaul in 2018, but has a long way to go.
Job growth in health care, tech, labor-intensive roles: Job creation in 2018 is being driven not only by innovations in tech, which will continue to expand within traditionally non-tech industries, but by significant demographic shifts such as an aging population. Many traditional jobs like restaurant waiters and truck drivers that cannot be automated easily in the near term will continue to grow and be a core source for jobs.
Increased transparency in the application and interview process: While workplaces have increased their transparency in recent years, the online application process remains notoriously opaque. In 2018, job seekers can expect more visibility into both the application process and the status of job applications in real time.
Encouraging employee passions through role experimentation: More companies are creating ways to support employee aspirations outside the common vertical trajectory within a company through role experimentation. By establishing clearer pathways for internal lateral job moves, companies can tap into the changing skills and passions of their workforce, help reduce turnover, and do a better job of matching proven talent with their most productive role inside an organization.
Give your resume a makeover
In order to get a job interview, you need to have a resume that hiring managers will notice! Here’s what your resume should look like in 2018, according to a career expert.
More Clark.com job search resources:
- Job alert: 50 best places to work in 2018
- Work From Home Guide: A list of legitimate, work-at-home job opportunities
- Top 10 jobs for 2018 that don’t require a college degree