Go back in time 65 million years to a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth in this rare Jurassic Quest event taking place Feb. 8-10 at the Dayton Convention Center.
There was a dino-sized turnout last year when Jurassic Quest made a stop in Dayton on its nationwide tour. Here’s what’s new for Jurassic Quest in 2019:
- 24-foot Carnotaurus and T-Rex rides, which are billed as the largest rideable dinosaurs in North America
- New walking dinosaur rides
- 30 new dinosaurs. Over 80 total dinosaurs, including a life-size Spinosaurus, Apatosaurus, Triceratops, Giganotosaurus, Pinochiorex, Dracorex, Ouranosaurus, and many more moving, breathing, and even walking dinosaurs
- New activities
- New walking Dilophosaurus and Herrerasaurus
- New fossil digs, and NEW paleontology and fossil stations
- New dino petting zoo (for toddlers)
- New dino scooters (current requirement is 3 and under)
There are Kids VIP tickets ($36) that include unlimited rides and activities. Regular Kid tickets ($22) include dinosaur exhibit, dinosaur tour, dino cinema, science stations, dino crafts and more. Parking is $2 per hour before 6 p.m. and $1 per hour after 6 p.m.
It’s not required, however, it’s recommended to purchase tickets ahead of time, as they could sell out. Purchase tickets online at jurassicquest.com.
Interacting with a real-life dinosaur may sound scary, but there is no reason to fear these robotic life-like puppets. Unlimited dinosaur rides, Jurassic jeeps and dino scooters along with bounce houses, bungee pulls and more are part of the entertainment.
Guests will have an opportunity to pet and play with baby dinosaurs, touch and hang out with the toddler-aged T-Rex and Spinosaurus, and the children will actually have a chance to ride a moving dinosaur, with five different dinosaurs to choose from.
Want To Go?
When: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 9-10
Where: Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St., Dayton
Cost: Standard tickets: Child (ages 2- 12) $22, Adult - $22, Senior 65+ - $20
VIP Child - $36
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.