CRANBERRY COOKIES WITH BROWN BUTTER GLAZE
Submitted by Patti Mundey of Springboro
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons orange juice
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup milk
2 1/2 cups chopped fresh cranberries
1 cup white baking chips
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and orange juice.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
4. Slowly beat into mixture, alternating with milk.
5. Add cranberries, baking chips and nuts.
6. Drop by level tablespoonfuls 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
1/3 cup butter, cubed
2 cups 10X (powdered) sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
3-4 tablespoons water or milk
1. In a heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 5-7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat then stir in the powdered sugar, vanilla and enough water or milk to reach drizzling consistency.
3. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Makes 4 dozen cookies
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.