Greene County and state health officials are working with local governments, food pantries, libraries and YMCAs to help take the COVID-19 vaccination clinics into more areas of the county.
According to the state’s COVID-19 website as of Monday, Greene County shows that 44.95%, or 75,932 people, have started the vaccination series, and 40.33%, or 68,124 people, have completed the series of the two-dose Moderna/Pfizer or the one-dose Johnson & Johnson.
The Ohio Department of Health and Greene County Public Health officials are working to meet those who wish to be vaccinated in the community, including those who may have a hard time receiving a shot typically.
Both organizations will partner with township administrators, food pantries, libraries, local evens and YMCAs, after they secured the use of a mobile vaccination unit.
Walk-ins are accepted for vaccinations, but if you wish to schedule an appointment, visit https://gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov. Ages 12-17 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. For more information about Greene County Public Health, call 937-374-5600 or visit www.gcph.info.
The schedule for the mobile vaccination unit from ODH is as follows:
• Monday, June 21: Fairborn YMCA, 300 Central Ave., Fairborn, Ohio 45324 (Side Lot) o Time: 12:00 – 6:00PM
• Tuesday June 22: Jamestown Public Library, 85 Seaman Dr., Jamestown, OH 45335 o Time: 11:00AM -5:00PM
• Wednesday June 23: Sugarcreek Township Administration Building, 2090 Ferry Rd., Sugarcreek, OH 45305 o Time: 9:00AM – 2:00PM
• Thursday June 24: Xenia FISH Food Pantry, 774 Cincinnati Ave., Xenia, OH 45385 o Time: 11:00AM – 4:00PM (Pantry hours 12:00-3:00PM)
• Friday June 25: Fairborn FISH Food Pantry, 1149 N. Broad St., Fairborn, OH 45324 o Time: 12:30 – 4:00PM (Pantry hours 1:00 – 4:00PM)
• Saturday June 26: Yellow Springs PRIDE, 314 Xenia Ave., Yellow Springs, OH 45387 (by the Presbyterian Church across from Speedway) o Time: 11:00AM – 5:00PM (Entry on sidewalk side)
About the Author