The boys and their older sister, recently evacuated from Afghanistan, were hospitalized last week. The family picked and ate highly poisonous death cap mushrooms in the forest near the refugee center where they were staying in Podkowa Lesna, near Warsaw.
Doctors at the Center for Children's Health Institute said the older brother is to undergo a transplant on Tuesday. He remains in a life-threatening condition. The younger brother is undergoing tests to see if he is brain dead. Their 17-year-old sister is in stable condition at the hospital, as are other family members, who were hospitalized elsewhere.