New arrests in Warren County school threat cases

Four more students ordered to remain in detention.

Andrew Stadler, 18, was charged with inducing panic and making false alarms, according to Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell.

In Warren County Juvenile Court, Judge Joe Kirby detained four students, including a 12-year-old, after hearings stemming from other threats.

Community leaders, meanwhile, sought to stop the series of threats that have disrupted classes, alarmed students, parents and school leaders, and cost law enforcement time and money.

Over the weekend, Fornshell’s statement warning parents and students of the consequences from threats was repackaged in a video posted by the Violence Free Coalition of Warren County.

More than 20,000 views had been recorded Monday on Facebook, indicating the new media message was resonating.

“A teenager is probably more likely to look at the video,” said Megan Crouch, coordinator of the coalition, part of the Abuse & Rape Crisis Center of Warren County.

On Monday, there were no threats reported, and Springboro police made their arrest after meeting with school officials and interviewing more students, Police Chief Jeff Kruithoff said.

Stadler is to be prosecuted as an adult and arraigned in Warren County Court.

During juvenile court hearings, Kirby ordered continued detention for two boys, 15 and 14, and a girl, 14, from the Lebanon district and a 12-year-old girl from the Waynesville schools.

All four were taken into custody Friday and Saturday in connection with a series of threats last week in the Lebanon City and Wayne local districts.

The 12-year-old Wayne Twp. girl joins a 12-year-old Clearcreek Twp. boy detained last week in connection with a shooting threat last Monday at Five Points Elementary School.

At Five Points, the threat, a hand-written note, was identified within 15 minutes and no evacuation was ordered. School went on as usual.

School and law enforcement officials continue to search for the student responsible for evacuation of Springboro High on April 27 and closing of the school on April 28 after a bomb threat was found on a bathroom wall.

The 12-year-old girl was detained over the weekend in connection with last Friday’s evacuation of the schools in the Wayne Local Schools complex in Waynesville. She is charged with making false alarms, as well as inducing panic, the charge used in most of the cases filed so far.

Kirby also ordered the detention of a 15-year-old Lebanon boy for failing to report the bomb threat on May 4 at Lebanon High and receiving stolen property on March 22.

A 14-year-old Turtlecreek Twp. girl was detained on charges she wrote a threat on a girl’s bathroom stall wall, triggering the May 4 threat.

A 14-year-old Clearcreek Twp. boy remains in detention, charged with making the threat that prompted evacuation of Lebanon High School May 4 for the third consecutive day.

Also detained Monday was a 14-year-0ld Lebanon boy accused of trying to cause evacuation for the fifth straight day on Friday at Lebanon Junior High by presenting a note he had written to school staff as a bomb threat. No evacuation was made, the only day that week that passed without the high school or junior high being evacuated.

The eighth case in juvenile court involves a 17-year-old Lebanon boy in detention for making a threat on April 14 or April 15 to “shoot up the school” in a Twitter post related to a Nerf Wars game at the high school. He also remains in detention, awaiting sentencing, after admitting to inducing panic.

X