Caption

Parents of girls allegedly assaulted on Ben Logan school bus speak out

Parents of the little girls who were allegedly sexually assaulted on a school bus by a Benjamin Logan High School student are speaking out about the teen’s recent release from detention.

The father of one of the six-year-old victims said he feels physically sick every time he sits in the same courtroom with the teen.

“To be honest with you, it takes everything in me not to jump over the rail,” he said.

This news organization is not identifying the parents as to not identify their children. The defendant is also not being named because he is under 18 years old.

EARLIER: Logan County school weighs making changes after alleged bus assault 

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Wright State strike: Students claim their classes weren't covered
  2. 2 Recall alert: 8 lots of Irbesartan blood pressure medications recalled
  3. 3 Sonny Gray has 'good feeling' about joining Cincinnati Reds

The teen was released from the Logan County Detention Center last week without bond and sent home with an ankle monitor. He is not to have any contact with the alleged victims or minors, but the parents in this case say — that’s not enough.

“He’s probably at home playing XBox and my daughter for awhile didn’t even want to go to school,” one father said.

His daughter was the first alleged victim to come forward in the case because she thought something was wrong.

“We told her she’s so strong and she saved so many. She should be proud of who she is,” the father’s fiance said.

She said her fiance’s daughter has been dealing with a lot of emotions and flashbacks to the incident. She and her fiance have promised the girl that she will never have to ride a school bus again.

Another family also came forward to say their young daughter was also assaulted on the bus. The Logan County prosecutor said the teen boy wasn’t indicted for the incident involving that girl, but the family is still working with the prosecution on the case.

BACKGROUND: Court records say four possible victims in Ben Logan bus assault

“We are still at that angry stage right now. That hurt’s kind of gone away, but not enough to make it really matter,” the second victim’s mother said.

Both families said they want the teen to be tried as an adult and locked up for life. They said it’s only fair for the pain this case has caused their families.

“[The defendant] got the better end of the deal. The girls of bus 28 have got the raw deal out of this situation,” the second victim’s father said.

This news organization reached out to the teen’s attorney Steven Fansler for comment, but his office was closed on Monday afternoon. Fansler did say at a hearing on Nov. 6 that he didn’t see a reason why the teen should remain in detention.

“In this instance, he has a home to go to. It’s a two family home. We have a low risk assessment.. There doesn’t seem to be a base to hold him,” Fansler said previously.

More from Daytondailynews