A man called police yesterday to say someone tried to poison his dog's water with antifreeze.
According to a Dayton police report, the man told officers that his dog, a 1-year-old pit bull named Zeus, is kept on a leash in a gated back yard on Sherman Street.
He said he gave his dog fresh water around 3 a.m., and then when he went back outside just after 1:30 p.m., the water in the bowl had been replaced with a green liquid, the report states.
The man said he put his finger in it and tasted it, and identified the liquid as antifreeze. He said his dog showed signs of fatigue all the day, and he contacted his veterinary, the report states.
He said he does not know who tried to poison his dog. No one has been charged, according to the report.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.