A caller reported shots were fired from a pickup truck near East Xenia Drive and North Central Avenue in Fairborn around 10:15 a.m. Thursday.

Suspect in Fairborn, Huber Heights shootings ‘was paranoid,’ records show

A Cincinnati man who reportedly thought people were trying to kill him has been charged in connection to one of two random shooting incidents in the Miami Valley.

“He was paranoid and thought others were trying to harm him,” Greene County Prosecutor Stephen Haller wrote in court documents.

MORE: Fairborn police ID alleged road-rage shooter

Greene County prosecutors charged Randall Sizemore, 46, with shooting at other vehicles from his pickup truck on Thursday.

Sizemore also is a person of interest in a similar shooting that happened the same day in Huber Heights and in a third shooting that happened in June, according to court documents.

A 911 caller reported being shot at in Fairborn. He trailed behind Sizemore until Fairborn police arrived. The front of the caller’s car was hit with a bullet when driving on North Broad Street, but the caller himself was unharmed.

Sizemore admitted to using methamphetamine on Thursday before the shooting incident, and police found what they suspect to be methamphetamine in his wallet, according to court documents.

While a police officer transported Sizemore to the Fairborn jail, Sizemore told the officer he thought people were trying to kill him.

When Fairborn police caught up to Sizemore in front of the now-closed Skyborn Theater on Ohio 235, he had a loaded firearm in the truck and seemed to be on narcotics, according to a news release from the Fairborn Police Department.

He admitted to shooting at the caller several times, court documents say.

Sizemore has been charged with felonious assault, having weapons under disability, discharging a firearm on or near prohibited premises, two counts of improperly handling a firearm in a motor vehicle, carrying a concealed weapon, possession of drugs, operating a vehicle while impaired and driving under suspension.

Earlier on Thursday in Huber Heights, a 25-year-old man was also shot at, causing him to crash into the median on Interstate 70. The Huber Heights victim also had a small wound from where a bullet had grazed his leg.

MORE: Shooting on I-70 result of road rage; person of interest in custody in Fairborn

Huber Heights police believe Sizemore is connected with the Interstate 70 shooting and crash, but he has not been charged in Huber Heights.

Huber Heights Sgt. David Garlow said investigators were going to interview Sizemore on Friday, but the investigation is ongoing and there is no new information from Huber Heights police.

Sizemore was still in Fairborn’s custody on Friday evening. His bond was set at $100,000.

Randall Sizemore (Contributed Photo/Fairborn City Jail)

Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.