A housing development which slowed during the Great Recession is moving forward.
The development, High View Terrace, located near the 1700 block of Sugarcreek Road started more than 10 years ago.
“Phase one started in 2007 and has 50 or so home sites,” said Shelley Parks, new home sales representative with the developer Clemens Development Co.. “They will start phase two this summer which will have 25 or so additional home sites.”
A public hearing on the development is scheduled for Monday, May 9 to review updates to the project plans. It will be held with the city council, at 7 p.m., at city offices, 15 East Franklin St.
The Estate style homes will be built on approximately half of an acre and up, Parks said. The homes will start at $600,000. The development rests on 100 acres, property Clemens Development Co. purchased for $2.5 million in 2005.
Bellbrook City Manager Mark Schlagheck has been working with Clemens Development Co.for several months as the developer works to complete the project. Parts of the plan had to be revised because so much time has gone by.
“The new plan will involve land that was annexed from Sugarcreek so the whole development can be under Bellbrook,” Schlagheck said. “A sub street that had been partially built is going to be eliminated because engineers determined it can’t be built up the slope of the street in a safe way.”
The changes also reduced the number of homes in the development from 75 to 72. The placement of sidewalks may be changed as the project continues to move forward. The developer plans to have construction completed in the fall.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to exclusive deals and newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.