An alert neighbor who smelled smoke called firefighters to this evening to a fire that started in a duplex's kitchen.
The fire, which was reported shortly before 6:30 p.m. in the 70 block of Bennington Drive, caused about $2,000 damage and will likely dispace occupants for a few days while repairs are made, said Battalion Chief Darrin Wiseman of the Harrison Twp. Fire Department.
When crews arrived, smoke was coming from the kitchen, he said.
"We determined it's electrical. We did find some fuses that were popped," Wiseman said of the cause of the blaze, which was confined to the kitchen.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.