A house fire kept emergency crews busy for hours in Montgomery County, after it spread from a heating source this morning.
Just after 12 p.m., New Lebanon firefighters were called to a two-story house in the 700 block of South Diamond Mill Road after a neighbor called 911 and reported seeing flames.
No one was home when the fire started, according to New Lebanon Fire Department officials at the scene. The home's residents were not home and no one was injured.
Heavy fire damage was limited to three rooms in the house but there was smoke damage throughout. A damage estimate was unavailable at the scene.
The fire was likely accidental, stemming from a wood-burning fireplace and spreading quickly, according to fire officials.
New Lebanon crews were aided by firefighters from Brookville, Farmersville, Jefferson Twp., Trotwood and Montgomery Rehab and Rescue.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.