Crews are waiting on scene for DP&L to arrive to pull the meter on a house that was struck by lightning.
Firefighters responded to the lightning strike at the house on the 8000 block of Allison Avenue at 9:20 p.m. Monday.
According to Michael Seagraves of the Clayton fire department, lighting struck the house and back fed through the electrical meter, the panel and through the wires in the attic, causing heavy smoke.
Storms, heavy rain, lighting, hail and winds moved through the Miami Valley Monday, according to Stormcenter 7 Meteorologist McCall Vrydaghs.
DP&L need to pull the meter in the house so that it’s safe for crews to work on the house.
Residents were home at the time of the incident. Seagraves said the early notification saved the house.
It is too early to estimate the damages, but the home will need a complete wiring job, Seagraves said.
No one was hurt, but Red Cross may need be notified if the house is unsafe to stay in.
Fire officials urge that people give them early notification when something like this happens.