Man, 22, indicted in deadly Dayton shooting enters plea

UPDATE @ 10:53 a.m. (Feb. 8):

Kalvin Jones entered a plea of not guilty Thursday morning during his initial appearance in common pleas court.

Jones’ bond was set at $1 million.

INITIAL REPORT:

A 22-year-old Dayton man was indicted for his accused role in two shootings in Dayton, including one that was deadly.

Kalvin Jones was indicted on two counts of murder, seven counts of felonious assault, four counts of aggravated robbery and four weapons related charges.
RELATED: Arrest made in Dayton man’s death over the weekend

Jones is accused of shooting Michael Cook, 21, who was found dead in an alley in the 600 block of Brooklyn Avenue on Jan. 27, the Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office said.  Jones was located within hours of that shooting and the weapon believed to have been used to shoot the victim also was recovered, the prosecutor’s office said.

Prosecutors said Jones also had shot at four juveniles during a robbery nine days earlier in the 200 block of North Ardmore Avenue, where one of the juveniles was struck by a bullet.

Jones is currently in the Montgomery County Jail being held on a $1 million bond and is scheduled for arraignment on Thursday.

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 State: Sex crimes of ex-teacher need ‘particularly harsh’ penalty
  2. 2 Dayton to tweak graduations after parents can't get into ceremony
  3. 3 Tickets to Dave Chappelle's Juke Joint at Ohio farm sell out fast

More from Daytondailynews