Six people, including four children were displaced after fire damaged a Harrison Township home late Monday night.
Crews were dispatched to the 2200 block of Chamberlin Avenue around 11:15 p.m. and reported smoke showing from the home.
Harrison Township Fire Chief Mark Lynch said the cause of the fire was unattended cooking, with the bulk of the fire contained to the kitchen area.
All occupants were able to evacuate safely and no injuries were reported.
Lynch said additional crews from surrounding departments was requested to help keep crews fresh due to the heat and humidity.
Damage to the home was estimated at $5,000.
For updates and more news click here to download our free apps.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.