UPDATE @ 4:10 a.m. (Jan 19)
A man who was renting a Troy home claimed to have $500,000 inside the house when fire broke out and severely damaged the structure last week.
According to a police incident report, the occupant of the house in the 300 block of Vincent Avenue returned to find the home on fire on Jan. 13.
The occupant told police he had $500,000 in cash inside the home when the house was on fire, but the man never reported the money as missing, nor was it found destroyed.
The same home was the target of a raid by the RANGE Task Force in April. Details on the raid are unavailable, because the search warrant to the house is sealed, as ordered by a judge.
It remains unknown if anything was taken from the house by the task force during the raid.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation, and is not known if the two incidents could be connected.
Damage to the home was estimated by fire officials at $100,000.
FIRST REPORT (Jan. 13)
No one is injured following a house fire in Troy Friday night, according to a sergeant with Troy police.
Crews were sent to the 300 block of Vincent Street around 11:45 p.m. on a report of a house fire.
Firefighters arrived to find flames coming from the front of the house when they arrived on scene, dispatchers said.
Troy police said no one was home at the time of the fire and extensive damage was contained to the front of the home.
Firefighters tell News Center 7’s Steve Baker that a renter came home to find the two-story structure in flames.
Since quickly putting out the flames, fire crews remain on scene for a preliminary investigation as they attempt to determine a cause, according to dispatchers.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.