Photo: Steve Baker
Photo: Steve Baker

Smoke in basement sends employees outside at Troy business

Firefighters responded this morning to Insightful Eyewear on South Market Street in Troy where smoke was reported coming through the floorboards. 

Crews found that there was an overheated electric motor for an air handler in the basement causing smoke to permeate through the building.  

The business and the apartments upstairs were evacuated.

There were no injuries and no real damage to the building.

Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X