The block of South Main Street between Fourth and Fifth Streets in Dayton has been a hub of activity for more than a century.
The First Lutheran Church was the centerpiece of the block when it was built in 1860.
The soaring structure later transformed into the Masonic Temple before the current Dayton Masonic Center was completed across the Great Miami River in 1925.
In 1971, the block of land was named Dave Hall Plaza, a tribute to the former city commissioner and mayor of Dayton.
Today, construction has begun at Dave Hall Plaza to make room for the Levitt Pavilion Dayton, an entertainment venue that will offer 50 free concerts each year.
The pavilion is planned to open in mid-summer for a partial season of programming.