VANDALIA – The Vandalia Public Library, 500 S. Dixie Dr., is scheduled to close its doors on Wednesday, Oct. 26, to begin the move from the old building into the new building, 330 S. Dixie Dr.
The new facility is located directly north of the old building.
The new library is to open for regular hours on Friday, Nov. 18. While the move is happening, returns will be accepted at the old facility through Nov. 16.
Related: New Brookville Library opens today
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place on Thursday, Nov. 17, from 3:30-6:30 p.m. A special preview of the new facility will also be included in the ceremony.
The new Vandalia Library features:
• More than double the space of the existing branch
• An expanded children’s area with a “Navigation” theme
• TeenEDGE area with dedicated gaming system and hangout space
• Flexible community room accessible outside of library hours
• Three 4-person quads, a 6-person group study room and a conference room, all equipped with wireless monitors
• A quiet reading room with a fireplace
• A technology lab
• An outdoor patio
• An “opportunity space” available for partnerships of varying lengths
• Mobile audio equipment and editing software
• In-library laptop lending
• On-site vending area
• Three specially commissioned art installations
Library hours are Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Reach the Dayton Metro Library – Vandalia Branch at 937-463-2665.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.