"I have a message for all of you: The crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end," Trump said. "Beginning on January 20th of 2017, safety will be restored."
Hillary Clinton is expected to accept the Democratic party nomination for president next week in Philadelphia.
Here are the longest convention acceptance speeches since 1972, according to CSPAN
5. Bob Dole (RNC1996): 55:35 minutes
4. George H. W. Bush (RNC 1992): 56:45 minutes
3. George W. Bush (RNC 2004): 62:02 minutes
2. Bill Clinton (DNC 1996): 64:44 minutes
1. Donald Trump (RNC 2016): 106 minutes