Caption

Boy gets sick from moldy juice box on first day of school, mother says

A school removed all of its boxes of apple juice after a student fell ill Thursday from drinking a container that was lined with mold, his mother said. 

>> Read more trending news 

Terrance Smith Jr. fell to the floor on the first day of school at Westview Early Childhood Education Center after drinking a box of apple juice, WTVR reported

"I opened the container, and I said, ‘My son just drank this,’" Mitchell told WTVR. "This is the container of juice that he had that is filled with mold.”

Other boxes were removed but did not appear to have mold. The boxes were stored properly and were not expired, school officials told WTVR

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Recommended for you

Most read

  1. 1 Salar is reopening its doors in the Oregon District | Dayton, Ohio
  2. 2 Video of Xenia teacher assaulting student | Xenia teacher assaults kid
  3. 3 DDN Investigates: Record number of educators disciplined in Ohio

Terrance, 3, was taken to a doctor and given anti-nausea medication, his mother told WTVR.

The manufacturer did not comment, WTVR reported.

More from Daytondailynews