A water park in Indiana has been closed indefinitely after 10 children suffered chemical burns.
A malfunction Friday caused the water at Seven Peaks Water Park to become over-chlorinated, which triggered symptoms such as blistering rashes and burning eyes, a Porter County Health Department official told The Associated Press.
Seven Peaks Water Park didn't have the proper permits and inspections performed when it opened Thursday, the Health Department said.
The park will remain closed until it is in compliance, The Associated Press reported.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.