Denver firefighters rescue dog that climbed ladder when spooked by fireworks

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Caption
Firefighters Rescue Dog That Climbed Ladder When Spooked by Fireworks

Credit: DaytonDailyNews

Pets can become scared by fireworks, and one dog was no exception during Fourth of July celebrations in Denver.

>> Read more trending news

The dog, named Mojo, used a ladder outside a Denver home to escape the noise, scrambling to the roof in search of a safe place, KCNC reported.

Denver firefighters were able to coax the animal off the roof and lead it back into the home, the television station reported.

In a tweet, officials from the Denver Fire Department reminded followers that fireworks are illegal in the city.