Fire department warns: Don’t plug space heaters into power strips

There’s a chill in the air now that we’re inching toward winter, and some may be breaking out their space heaters to cut down on their power or gas bills.

But a fire department in Oregon has a scary warning for those who depend on supplemental heat: Stay safe and don't use a power strip, KATU reported.

Firefighters at Umatilla County Fire District #1 posted a warning on their Facebook page showing what could happen if power strips are used with space heaters.

The weather is getting colder, and people are pulling out their space heaters. We just wanted to remind you that you...

Posted by Umatilla County Fire District #1 on Thursday, November 30, 2017

About the Author