General Mills has expanded its recall of flour. It was originally announced on May 31.
The company continues to test for E.coli and has found a small number of samples from dates outside the previous recalls that tested positive for the bacteria and could be linked to "new patient illnesses," General Mills said in a press release.
The company said that it is not sure if the positive tests are an issue isolated to the company's flour or if it is an issue across the industry.
It is warning consumers not to eat anything with uncooked flour, as it is an ingredient that is intended to be cooked or baked. That includes raw dough, batter or any other uncooked food that contains flour.
Included in the most recent recall:
- 13.5 ounce Gold Medal Wondra, UPC 000-16000-18980, Better if used by 14MAY2017PK
- 2 pound Gold Medal All Purpose Flour, UPC 000-1000-10710, Better if used by 08JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC, 13AUG2017KC through 21AUG2017KC
- 4.25 pound Gold Medal All Purpose Flour, UPC 000-16000-12670, Better if used by 01AUG2017KC, 19AUG2017KC, 20AUG2017KC, 21AUG2017KC
- 5 pound Gold Medal All Purpose Flour, UPC 000-16000-10610, Better if used by dates 18JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC, 13AUG2017KC through 21AUG2017KC
- 10 pound Gold Medal All Purpose Flour, UPC 000-16000-10410, Better if used by dates 18JUN2017KC, 01AUG2017KC
- 5 pound Gold Medal Unbleached Flour, UPC 000-16000-19610, Better if used by dates 01AUG2017KC, 14AUG2017KC, 15AUG2017KC, 16AUG2017KC, 17AUG2017KC, 19AUG2017KC, 20AUG2017KC
- 2 pound Signature Kitchens All Purpose Flour Enriched Bleached, UPC 000-21130-53000, Better if used by dates BB 15 AUG 2017, BB 16 AUG 2017
- 5 pound Signature Kitchens Unbleached Flour All-Purpose Enriched, UPC 000-21130-53022, Better if used by dates BB 01 AUG 2017
- 5 pound Gold Medal Self Rising Flour, UPC 000-16000-11610, Better if used by dates 27OCT2016KC
Consumers are being asked to throw their recalled products away, but try to save the name, bar code and best by dates and contact General Mills either by filling out this form or calling 1-800-230-8103.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.