The turkey is done, the decorations are going up and Black Friday 2018 is in the books.
The next step is to get all those gifts you bought for friends and family who don’t live near you shipped.
But what are the deadlines for this year’s shipping season?
You’re out of luck if you were planning on USPS Retail Ground to get your packages to military members. That deadline was Nov. 6.
But there’s still time for Priority Mail and First-Class Mail to get there by Christmas.
Here are the rest of the days you need to keep track of:
- Nov. 6 – APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP codes) USPS Retail Ground.
- Dec. 4 – APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP code 093 only) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail.
- Dec. 11 – APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail.
- Dec. 14 – USPS Retail Ground.
- Dec. 18 – APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express.
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail (including greeting cards).
- Dec. 20 – First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces).
- Dec. 20 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail.
- Dec. 20 – Priority Mail.
- Dec. 20 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail.
- Dec. 22 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail Express.
- Dec. 22 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail Express.
- Dec. 22 – Priority Mail Express.
Postal Service officials suggest skipping the trip to the post office and arranging shipping online. They predict Dec. 17 will be the busiest online shipping day for them.
- Dec. 17 - 2nd Day Air will be delivered Dec. 20. 3 Day Select will be delivered Dec. 21.
- Dec. 18 - 2nd Day Air will be delivered Dec. 21. 3 Day Select will be delivered Dec. 24.
- Dec. 19 - 2nd Day Air will be delivered Dec. 24. 3 Day Select will be delivered after Christmas.
- Dec. 20 - Last day for 2nd Day Air to be delivered by Dec. 24. Packages could be delivered by Dec. 22 but must be processed and labeled for Saturday delivery. That is only available in certain ZIP codes. Next Day Air will be delivered on Dec. 21.
- Dec. 21 - Last day for UPS Next Day Air. Packages will be delivered on Dec. 24 unless marked for Saturday delivery.
- Dec. 22 - Pickup service for UPS Air and international air packages for regular Saturday pickup customers. On-Call pickup service will be available to all customers for UPS Air and international air packages.
- Dec. 24 - Pickup service available for air and international air packages if arranged by Thursday, Dec. 20. On-Call pickup and Drop Boxes are available for Air and international air packages.
- Dec. 25 - No pickup or delivery except for UPS Express Critical service.
- Dec. 17 - FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery.
- Dec. 19 - FedEx Express Saver.
- Dec. 20 - FedEx 2 Day a.m., FedEx 2Day.
- Dec. 21 - FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx Standard Overnight will be delivered Saturday, Dec. 22 with a $16 Saturday delivery fee per package.
- Dec. 22 - FedEx Express will deliver on Saturday, Dec. 22, if Saturday delivery is chosen. FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight and FedEx 2 Day will be delivered but will include a $16 Saturday fee per package.
- Dec. 24 - Last day FedEx Express and FedEx Ground packages will be delivered.
- Dec. 25 - FedEx SameDay City Direct, FedEx SameDay City Priority and FedEx SameDay will be delivered.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.