The Transportation Security Administration found a record number of guns in carry-on bags in 2014. According to The TSA Blog, agents found over 2,200 guns which approximately 83 percent were loaded.
The top five airports for the gun catches in 2014:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW): 120
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): 109
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX): 78
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH): 77
- Denver International Airport (DEN): 70
In 2013, 1,813 firearms were discovered.
Thank you for reading the Dayton Daily News and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Dayton Daily News. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.