The Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns will hold a moment of silence before Sunday's game in honor of the victims of a mass shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill.
Prior to Sunday’s kickoff between the #Steelers & #Browns at Heinz Field, there will be a moment of silence for the victims & their families following the tragic attack in the Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill on Saturday morning.— Burt Lauten (@SteelersPRBurt) October 27, 2018
There was also a moment of silence before Saturday's Pittsburgh Penguins game, which was against the Vancouver Canucks.
The Vancouver Canucks just held a moment of silence before tonight’s matchup.— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) October 28, 2018
We may be in Vancouver, but our hearts are always in Pittsburgh. 💛
Classy move @Canucks! #StrongerThanHate pic.twitter.com/aT9kMZAEfk— Penguins PR (@PenguinsPR) October 28, 2018
The shooting Saturday morning left 11 people dead and six others, including law enforcement, wounded.
The 11 people killed have been identified as:
- Joyce Fienberg, 75, of Oakland
- Richard Gottfried, 65, of Ross Township
- Rose Mallinger, 97, of Squirrel Hill
- Jerry Rabinowitz, 66, of Edgewood
- Cecil Rosenthal, 59, of Squirrel Hill
- David Rosenthal, 54, of Squirrel Hill
- Bernice Simon, 84, of Wilkinsburg
- Sylvan Simon, 87, of Wilkinsburg
- Daniel Stein, 71, of Squirrel Hill
- Melvin Wax, 88, of Squirrel Hill
- Irving Younger, 69, of Mt. Washington
About the Author